Wednesday, October 16, 2013

FlyLady

The Nester created the 31 day writing challenge.  I'm looking forward to joining in and pushing to the end of 31 days with a breath of fresh air of creativity. To get my writing flowing, I'm writing 31 Days of Being Me.

There's nothing like Columbus Day, a day off, to break the rhythm of a good routine.  I wonder how homeschooling Moms edit a blog, keep house, stay sane and all that.  But then.  I read their blogs and I know that they are human, too, and that I should just start writing again.

Ever heard of FlyLady?  I met her website, along with a dear friend of mine, both of us fresh out of college, and married.  How do we keep a neat house?  How do we declutter?  How do we meal plan?  FlyLady came from there, and figured out a system to dig ourselves out of it.  It's not that her concepts are revolutionary, it's that they're framed in such a way that you don't feel guilty if you don't know how, or haven't learned before.  Or you know the times when you used to know what to do but all of a sudden, your house is a wreck and your routines disheveled?  Yeah.

Just do something! That something can lead to a little something else.  She says that you can do anything in 15 minutes.  I figure you can do something in five minutes!

That's what yesterday was, returning to routines, meal planning, decluttering.  My goal is to have dinner ready so that I don't have to do much preparation for dinner at dinner time.  Tonight, I'm making teriyaki chicken with cold sesame noodles.  It's all in the fridge ready to pull out and throw into the oven.  (Although I should not say throw in front of my children, they would tell me not to throw things into the oven!) Voila! Dinner is done and ready to eat and I can help with homework!

Have you heard of FlyLady?  Did Columbus Day mess with your routines?



day one: 31 Days of Being Me: day one
day two: who am i?
day three: standing in the waves
day four: playing piano
day five: Five Minute Friday: write
day six: My friend the uke
day seven:#31days blogs I'm reading
day eight: being me
day nine: Wacky Wednesday: random things, like TV
day ten: my normal
day eleven: Five Minute Friday:: Ordinary
day twelve:
day thirteen:
day fourteen:
day fifteen:
day sixteen: FlyLady

1 comment:

  1. hooray for flylady and learning to grown up into who we are now TOGETHER!

    ReplyDelete