Wednesday, October 2, 2013

standing in the waves

The Nester created the 31 day writing challenge.  I'm looking forward to joining in and pushing to the end of 31 days with a breath of fresh air of creativity. To get my writing flowing, I'm writing 31 Days of Being Me.

What's a mom to do when the only dentist appointment for all three kids is at 10:50 am?  With school from 9:15-3:30, it's not exactly early enough to return to school, and if they went to school in the morning, I'd have to get them an hour after I drop them off.  No. No school today. This mama decided to take advantage of the sunshine, and enjoy the day with the little ones!




My youngest wore his rain boots, which he will do any day he's allowed to.  Most Wednesdays are gym, and he has to wear sneakers.  But today he got to wear his boots. Since rain boots are waterproof, he stood in the waves, just stood there.


Sometimes you need a day to stand in the waves and just be. You recenter yourself.  Then, you move on tomorrow to what needs to be done.





day one: 31 Days of Being Me: day one
day two: who am i?
day three: standing in the waves
day four:
day five:

No comments:

Post a Comment