Thursday, October 17, 2013

Koffee?

The Nester created the 31 day writing challenge.  I'm looking forward to joining in and pushing to the end of 31 days with a breath of fresh air of creativity. To get my writing flowing, I'm writing 31 Days of Being Me.

My senior year of college, waaay back in 1999-2000, I was working on my thesis in music.  I presented a piano recital along with a written expository on the pieces I played.  A long written expository.  I don't even remember how, but somehow waaay back then, I actually had the use of a laptop, which I brought with me to a favorite New Haven haunt, Koffee?  I did the bulk of my writing there...here....in the cozy local spot.


One of the reasons I'm happy not to homeschool is that I have come to truly adore these precious hours that my kids are in school. I find myself doing things that I used to do.  I'm as much myself as I ever have been.  Having kids has not changed the fact that I like to grab a cup of coffee and sit in the chair in the corner and write.  Around me, in my perifery vision, there are people chatting, or writing their own work.  Every once in a while someone steps out to have a conversation on the phone.  Blinking red Christmas lights line the walls.  I feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

On another note.  I love it when I see pictures of where the other bloggers write, especially when they go to the coffee shop.  Perhaps because it's what I love to do, too.  This is why I add my photo to the mix.  Yes.  I'm not using a laptop.  My bag is too small to carry my laptop, which I didn't want to drag on the bus with me.  I'm using a Nexus 7 tablet with an Apple wireless keyboard.  It works for me.  I'll have to do some formatting when I get home to the computer, but this gets the words down, and is easy to carry.  Sometimes I use the iPad, I think I like the blogger app on the iPad than on Android.  There are more options in terms of formatting.

Has time erased your passions?  Do the things that made you happy a long time ago still make you happy? They may just!


Without any further ado, 31 Days of Being Me.

day one: 31 Days of Being Me: day one
day two: who am i?
day three: standing in the waves
day four: playing piano
day five: Five Minute Friday: write
day six: My friend the uke
day seven:#31days blogs I'm reading
day eight: being me
day nine: Wacky Wednesday: random things, like TV
day ten: my normal
day eleven: Five Minute Friday:: Ordinary
day twelve:
day thirteen:
day fourteen:
day fifteen:
day sixteen: FlyLady
day seventeen: Koffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment