Thursday, October 3, 2013

playing piano

The Nester created the 31 day writing challenge.  I'm looking forward to joining in and pushing to the end of 31 days with a breath of fresh air of creativity. To get my writing flowing, I'm writing 31 Days of Being Me.

I would not be myself without music.  I started playing the piano on my mother's lap when I was tiny.  Granted, the music wasn't cohesive at that time, but it's always been a part of me.  I started official piano lessons when I was 7, since Mom taught me before then.  I accompanied choirs in middle and high school, and played in the jazz band.  I constantly played the piano.  When I wasn't writing in a journal, I was probably playing out my emotions on the piano.  Accompanying for Ballet classes came naturally for me in college, and it is what I did for many years before my children were born.





When my daughter started Ballet, I waited in the hall with the other parents.  It was too much for me, I wanted to play in the classroom, with the dancers.  Now, I find my solace behind the piano in dance classes once more.  And I get paid to do it.

day one: 31 Days of Being Me: day one
day two: who am i?
day three: standing in the waves
day four: playing piano
day five:

No comments:

Post a Comment