Friday, February 21, 2014

Five Minute Friday:: Small

I'm joining Lisa-Jo Baker for her Five Minute Friday.  Her rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.

The word today is small. GO.
When I do my Five minute Fridays, the first thing that runs through my head is the word association game.  Small means little makes me think of this song I've heard, I thought it was called "Little Armpits" but it's, "Armpits" by Mike Phirman. It's the perfect tickling song!



But my kids aren't very little anymore. My house doesn't have small clothes, or small shoes, or diapers really. I know they still need me, even as they stop being small. I still need my mommy and daddy all the time, so I know that they need me. I can't get away with using this song anymore. They're bigger, and their legs hurt when they kick me!

Its not a small thing to mother. It's not a small thing to shape their world. It's not a small thing to tickle armpits...well. It occurred to me that when armpits get big, they might stink, and then my kids could get back at me with ARMPITS!

and STOP.

Thanks for stopping by! And check out my Shabbat Devotional for this week!

Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment