Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Path to Passover :: Doing it all

Today I pulled out my notebook of Passovers past. I've been sticking my to-do lists in this binder since about 2005. As I page through, I see my journey as I have learned how to get my home ready for Passover.

One of the things that I learned a few years ago not to go overboard. It stressed me out trying to spring clean my house. I finally found a teaching that said you don't have to clean the entire house, just the areas food generally goes. I breathed a huge sigh of relief after that. I don't have to clean the whole house, just mostly the kitchen. I can do that. I started small. Now, if it works for you to deep clean the entire house, go for it, I am amazed and awed by those who do.

But I cannot do it all. So I tackle some, and I do what I can do. As hard as I try, there is still a crumb somewhere. I'm pretty sure I won't ever be able to do a perfect job of cleaning. That is where grace steps in. And I'm really thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment