Friday, March 21, 2014

Five Minute Friday :: Joy

I'm joining Lisa-Jo Baker for her Five Minute Friday.  Her rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.

The word today is joy. GO.

I sit in the pizza place listening to a daddy on a lunch date with his young daughter. She's maybe three or four by the way it sounds. What joy to hear the conversations a daddy can have with his little one.  I, on the other hand, have a lunchdate with myself. Isn't that a nice treat now and again?

I went to Woolesy Hall today with my fifth grader's band. They played on the stage with New Haven school music departments with T. S. Monk. What a joy it was to hear these children play in such an amazing music hall? I felt honor that that I could tag along as a chaperone!

I find it easy to discover joy in the little things, in the amazing acoustics in an old hall to the friendly service at the pizza place. I remember last time I was here, eating pizza with all my kids, keeping them quiet while they waited for their dinner. That was a different type of joy. This is the quiet , being alone among people type of joy I have today. And I appreciate both types.


And STOP.

Thanks for stopping by. I love these Five Minute Fridays, they give me a groove for my writing. Any suggestions on how to get a groove for writing?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! I am such a "little things" lover and do much of the same thing when I'm by myself. Thank you for sharing your joy with us :)

    ReplyDelete